Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Christmas Service.











This year grandma helped the kids bake lots of yummy treats and Christmas cards to take to a nursing home. They worked hard. On the Saturday before our Christmas party all of the cousins (in AZ) put on a little show for the residents and handed out the gifts to everyone. This was such a moving experience for my family. The audience really enjoyed the kids and appreciated the gift. One resident that sticks out in my mind was an older lady who was in her room, Matt and Lexie knock on her door and Lexie walks up to hand her the gift, the lady asks her "is that for me?" Lexie nodes and hands her the gift, the lady thanks her then as we are walking away we hear her sobbing. She was so touched that the sweet little girl had given her a little something. All of my kids want to do that again. Bryan even said he would like to pursue a career in helping older people. Another part that stuck out was when Bryan was singing a gentleman was so moved that he started to cry. Bryan felt kinda bad, but we explained that he was touched, not sad. This started out as service for them, but I think I got way more than the residents did. I hope to do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment